07 August 2010

Diving Black Sea

Good weather, very warm water and good visibility made for a good day today.
We kitted up on the beach 2 yards from the water, this was Anatoli's first dive in the sea after finishing his Open Water course with us at Reefers and Wreckers in Lancashire, England, last year.

We only had a 7ltr cylinder each and wasn't intending spending so long underwater. But.

The temperature was around 36 surface and 28 underwater.
I was in 3mm Aqua Lung shortie and Anatoli in 3mm Typhoon full suit.

Anatoli used my OMS wing and I had to use my Cave diving sidemount harness as I only have 1 BCD here in Bulgaria. No worries I just needed to remove some weight from the belt and all was good.

We spent 1hr 20 min at majority 5mtrs underwater and saw many "Hermit crabs" about 1" homes and there was millions of them, Some larger crabs with strange hair cuts, like mine also.

There was this crab with a Mohican and one with with hair on either side of his shell, these were funny to see.

We then stumbled upon a mussell bed to which I instantly thought "mmm supper" so I started placing the larger of them under my shortie legs and when I had no more room upon looking like I had a muscle problem on my legs I placed a few into Anatoli's BCD pocket. I collected 2 plastic bags and Anatoli a 2ltr coke bottle, these were taken to shore in the name of  "Project Aware" we need to look after our oceans.
We exited the water at 20.30 and it was still warm water, super dive.

Anatoli loved his first diving in the Black Sea and I am sure while he is here we will be doing more dives with him. He is good on air and loves being underwater.      


A good day Diving the Black Sea ( Cherno More)

No comments:

Post a Comment